A short but comprehensive Turkmenistan tour covering must-see attractions and a unique cultural experience for travelers interested in history, art and knowing more about Turkmenistan destination.
Tour Name: Turkmenistan Highlights Comfort Tour
Tour Code: IM205
Price: From 799 $* Per Person
Season: All seasons
Theme(s): Explorer (History, Culture & Nature)
Duration: 6 days & 5 nights
Route: Ashgabat (5n)
UNESCO World Heritage Sites: Nissa, Ancient Merv, Kunya Urgench
Summary: A short but comprehensive Turkmenistan tour covering must-see attractions and a unique cultural experience for travelers interested in history, art and knowing more about Turkmenistan destination.
Note 1: Domestic flight times are approximate.Domestic airline tickets for Ashgabat-Mary-Ashgabat and Note 2: Ashgabat-Dashoguz-Ashgabat, total 290 USD per person (obligatory)
*For groups of 20 travelers and more
Day 1: Welcome to Ashgabat
Arrival by flight in ETA (possibly +1). Transfer to hotel.
Check-in and overnight.
Day 2: Ashgabat City Tour
City tour, with visits of Ertogrul Gazy Mosque, Independence Park, Neutrality Arch, National Museum, Nissa (UNESCO) and Turkmenbashi Mosque-Mausoleum.
Day 3: Ancient Merv Tour
Morning flight to Mary (ETD 09h35 ETA 10h15). Excursion to Ancient Merv (UNESCO). Return to Mary. Visit the History museum of Merv region. Transfer to airport for evening flight to Ashgabat, (ETD 1900h ETA 1940h). Transfer to hotel.
Day 4: Ashgabat City Tour & Darwaza Excursion
Half day Ashgabat city tour including visits to Anau mosque ruins, Ahalteke horse stables, Carpet Museum and (Sunday) bazaar. Transfer to Darwaza in the Karakum desert, visit Erbent desert community on the way. BBQ dinner. Return to Ashgabat after dark (slow driving).
Day 5: Dashoguz & Kunya Urgench Tour
Transfer to airport for morning flight to Dashoguz, (ETD 09h40, ETA 10h30). Excursion to Kunya Urgench (UNESCO). Afternoon transfer to Dashoguz and evening flight back to Ashgabat (ETD 1920h, ETA 2010h). Transfer to hotel.
Day 6: Home-Bound
Transfer to the airport for flight back home with a full pack of memorable moments and nice pictures to share with your family and friends.
- 5 overnights at the hotel in Ashgabat
- Transportation and transfer
- Visa support (Letter of Invitation, State Registration, Travel Pass)
- Road transport in private air-conditioned vehicles, regular or SUV/4WD as per table (pls. see table
- below for seating capacity)
- Accommodation based on shared double hotel room, including breakfast and 1 BBQ dinner in the desert
- English-speaking guide-interpreter services (GIT: escort guide, also on transfers; FIT local guides), as per price differentiation
- Entrance fees to sites mentioned in the program, as per price differentiation
- Bottled water 1,5 ltr pppd
- Porter services
- To be paid in addition:
- Domestic airline tickets for Ashgabat-Mary-Ashgabat and Ashgabat-Dashoguz-Ashgabat, total 290 USD per person (obligatory)
- Fixed menu 3-course dinner in local cafes/restaurants (excluding soft/alcoholic drinks) 18 USD per dinner per person (optional)
- Fixed menu 3-course lunch in local cafes/restaurants (excluding soft/alcoholic drinks) 16 USD per lunch per person (optional)
- Supplement payment for non-English speaking guide services (pending confirmation of availability) 25 USD per day (Spanish, Italian, French, German or Japanese)
- International flights
- Turkmenistan tourist visa from 85+4 USD per person, when obtained at Ashgabat Airport (subject to change; nationality dependent)
- Turkmenistan migration tax 10+4 USD per person, to be paid at Ashgabat Airport (subject to change)
- Taxe tourist hotel – 2 USD per person
- Photo/video fees at historical sites and museums
- Tips for local guide(s) and/or driver(s)
- Souvenirs and other personal items
- All other charges and services not mentioned under “Included”
- Carpet Museum is closed on Saturday afternoons and Sundays
- National Museum is closed on Tuesdays
- Weekend Bazaar (aka Tolkuchka or Altyn Asyr Gundogar Bazaar) is best visited on Sundays, when there is an additional livestock section. On Mondays-Wednesdays and Fridays this bazaar is closed, but other city bazaars are open (no photography permitted)
Important notes for all travelers:
- Please bring only cash USD for your local expenses in Turkmenistan, no EURO and no credit cards
- Please be aware that a member of staff of our agency will need to take your original passport for several hours for registration
- Please be aware that there may be various vehicles and drivers used during your tour, depending on the route section and type of transport needed on that section