An excursion to 18-century-old Sassanid city of Bishapur and amazing Chogan gorge with historical bas-reliefs.
Tour Name: Shiraz Excursion to Bishapur
Tour Code: R64
Theme(s): Daily Tour
Price Per Person: 1 pax: 109.90 €, 2 pax: 69.90 €, 3 pax: 59.90 €, 4 or more pax: 59.90 €, kids (2-7): 10 €
Origin & destination: Shiraz city
Duration: 1 day
UNESCO World Heritage Sites: Sassanid Archaeological Landscape
Other Highlights: Temple of Anahita, Royal Palace, Chogan gorge bas reliefs
Summary: An excursion to 18-century-old Sassanid city of Bishapur and amazing Chogan gorge with historical bas-reliefs.
Excursion to Bishapur
Full day excursion to Bishapour (140km) incl.
Ancient city of Bishapur, capital city and palace of Shapur I, the second Sassanid king, the nightmare of Romans, who killed Gordian II, captured Valerian and forced Philip the Arab to surrender. Here you also visit Anahita Temple, with Sassanid architecture.
Few minutes away, within Chogan Gorge there are 6 fine and remarkable bas-reliefs dating back to Sassanid era. Transfer to hotel in Shiraz
Note: The inspections are far away from restaurants approximately 30-40 KM.
- Hotel pick-up and drop off
- English driver guide (for groups of four and more, English guide & driver separately)
- All tours take place in comfortable air-conditioned vehicles including road taxes, parking fees, English driver’s expenses and meals. (For groups of four and more, English guide & driver’s expenses and meals separately)
- All entrance fees as per itinerary
- Midday refreshment
- Hotel reservations (accommodation)
- Iran visa
- Driver & Tour Guide tips
- Visa fee
- All personal nature expenses e.g. phone calls, meals, laundry, minibar, gifts, etc.
- Costs incurred in case of hospitalization or evacuation, etc.
- Any other service(s) not specified in “Services Included” section of this proposal
Note 1: One-day tour duration for Intra-city trips up to 10 hours and excursion & intercity up to 8 hours.
Note 2: Above mentioned durations are based on Iranian calendar.
Note 3: Working days in Iran are Saturday – Wednesday. Thursdays are half day however many offices are closed on Thursdays.
You can also Book your hotel or any other accommodation with us. Just Click on the Hotel Reservation button and fill in the form. We will reach you in the shortest time.