An excursion to the ancient monuments of Persian empire covering magnificent palaces, royal tombs and bas-reliefs and the empire’s capital city.
Tour Name: Shiraz Excursion to Persian Empire Monuments
Tour Code: R62
Theme(s): Daily Tour
Price Per Person: 1 pax: 109.90 €, 2 pax: 69.90 €, 3 pax: 59.90 €, 4 or more pax: 59.90 €, kids (2-7): 10 €
Origin & destination: Shiraz city
Duration: 1 day
UNESCO World Heritage Sites: Persepolis, Pasargadae
Other Highlights: Naqsh-e Rostam necropolis, Naqsh-e Rajab, Estakhr
Note: Opening hours of tourist sites are shorter in Autumn and winter, so please kindly choose one of the inspections of Pasargadae OR Estakhr in mentioned seasons.
Summary: An excursion to the ancient monuments of Persian empire covering magnificent palaces, royal tombs and bas-reliefs and the empire’s capital city.
Excursion to Persian Empire Monuments
Excursion to Pasargad (140km) to visit the UNESCO World Heritage site of Pasargadae Palace and the Tomb of Cyrus the Great, the founder of the most powerful Persian Empire.
Drive towards Estakhr, located seven kilometers to the north of Persepolis, the largest ancient city in Iran, belonging to 5th century BC to 10th century AD.
Then, excursion to Persepolis complex to visit UNESCO World Heritage Takht-e Jamshid or as Greek historians called it, “Persepolis“; the imposing ruins of the 2500-year-old Achaemenid ceremonial capital, known as the richest city under the sun light.
Naqsh-e Rostam Necropolis, including rock reliefs and some tombs of the Achaemenid emperors.
Naqsh-e Rajab rock reliefs dates back to Sassanied era.Transfer to Shiraz.
- Hotel pick-up and drop off
- English driver guide (for groups of four and more, English guide & driver separately)
- All tours take place in comfortable air-conditioned vehicles including road taxes, parking fees, English driver’s expenses and meals. (For groups of four and more, English guide & driver’s expenses and meals separately)
- All entrance fees as per itinerary
- Midday refreshment
- Hotel reservations (accommodation)
- Iran visa
- Driver & Tour Guide tips
- Visa fee
- All personal nature expenses e.g. phone calls, meals, laundry, minibar, gifts, etc.
- Costs incurred in case of hospitalization or evacuation, etc.
- Any other service(s) not specified in “Services Included” section of this proposal
Note 1: One-day tour duration for Intra-city trips up to 10 hours and excursion & intercity up to 8 hours.
Note 2: Above mentioned durations are based on Iranian calendar.
Note 3: Working days in Iran are Saturday – Wednesday. Thursdays are half day however many offices are closed on Thursdays.
You can also Book your hotel or any other accommodation with us. Just Click on the Hotel Reservation button and fill in the form. We will reach you in the shortest time.