Here you can find categorized information and important notes about Iran Visa. You can also apply directly via the Visa Formalities Request form by clicking on the button below.
There are different types of Iran visa including:
There are two types of tourist visa for Iran which are applied by Travel agencies:
1- Standard Tourist Visa:
The standard tourist visa procedure includes uploading the required documents and filling in Iran visa application form. You will receive the visa form reference code after filling in the visa formalities form. After completing your Iran visa request by paying the service fee (25 €), you will have the visa confirmation code in a maximum delay of 5 working days (Fridays are weekend in Iran), after being processed by the officials, in your email. You can collect your Iran visa after paying the visa fee, at one of Iranian embassies or consulates before your planned departure to Iran or at the entry airports.
2- Iran Visa On Arrival (VOA) or Iran airport visa:
You can get this Iran Visa On Arrival if you have the complete documents at the entry airports in Iran. The visa would be issued for a maximum staying of 30 days with 3 month validity (extendable for another 15 days).
For visa on arrival, you have to pay the fee in cash at the airport to get your visa.
The main entrance gateways of Iran are:
- Imam Khomeini International Airport (Tehran)
- Isfahan International Airport (Isfahan)
- Shiraz International Airport (Shiraz)
- Tabriz International Airport (Tabriz)
- Mashhad International Airport (Mashad)
- Kish International Airport (Kish Island)
- Dayrestan Airport (Qeshm Island)
- Oroumeh Tabriz International Airport (Oroumeh)
- Bandar Abbas International Airport (Bandar Abbas)
- Behshahr International Airport (Behshahr)
Here you can see the visual Iran visa policy map:
Based on mutual agreements within the framework of international rules and regulations, citizens of some countries are exempt from applying for a visa to enter Iran. Citizens of these countries are required to fill in the relevant form at entry points upon arrival in Iran. The list includes citizens of:
|Armenia||The Republic of Azerbaijan||Bolivia|
VISA REQUIRED IN ADVANCE
Visa on arrival is not applicable to the nationals of the following countries who must obtain a visa in advance by getting confirmation code after applying.
|Somalia||United States||United Kingdom|
Passport holders of these countries are required to apply for an Iranian visa at an Iranian embassy or consulate prior to their arrival in Iran. Update: India is now among n Visa on Arrival.
- Accompanied by guides:
British, Canadian and American citizens are required to be escorted by a government approved guide at all times. Independent travel for these citizens has been banned due to the closure of Iranian foreign missions in these countries UNLESS they have passport with another nationality. They are also required to book the hotel(s) before visa formalities.
- VISA BANNED
Citizens of Israel are totally banned from entry to Iran. Also applicable if there is an Israel visa sticker in the passport.
IMPORTANT TIPS AND Required Documents
- What You Should Know before Applying for Iran Visa
If you want to apply for a visa, please read the following points carefully to avoid any probable case of denial.
- Passport Expiration
Your passport should have at least six months of validity, beyond your actual travel date. Obviously, you are not able to submit your application, if your passport is expiring in less than 6 months.
- Visa Validity
The Iranian visa sticker displays some information including the validity of visa. Failure to travel to Iran during the validity of visa will prevent you from entering Iran and you will need to re-apply for a visa. Always double check all the dates on your visa sticker to prevent any human mistake.
Iran Visa Extension
You can extend your visa based on the type of your visa in the bureau for Aliens and Foreign Immigrants Affairs. You can do it in Tehran, Mashhad, Isfahan, Shiraz, Tabriz, Rasht and Yazd. The new extended date will be issued from the date of attending in the bureau not the initial expiry date.
Required Documents for Iran Visa
1. Scan of Passport in color
2. Personal photo in color (minimum six months validity)
3. Travel itinerary, if you have already made travel arrangements.
4. Résumé or Curriculum Vitae, only for American applicants.- You may be required to provide information about your current and previous education and work history (at least 1 page). In PDF (.PDF) file format OR Microsoft Office Word. Contact us before applying for more information.
Passport Copy Requirements for Iran Visa
The digital image of your passport is a vital part of your visa application. To learn more, review the information below on how to provide a suitable digital image. The acceptance of your passport copy is at the discretion of the IR.IRAN embassy or consulate where you apply.
We recommend you use a professional visa photo service to ensure digital image of your passport meets all the requirements.
Digital image of your passport must be:
- In color
- In JPEG (.jpg) file format
- Equal to or less than 500 kB (kilobytes) in file size (less than 10 kB is not accepted)
- Only the first page. full-length images are not acceptable.
- In a rectangular aspect ratio (height must less than width)
- 900×613 pixels in dimension
- Sharp without any visible pixels
- properly exposed (too dark or light is not acceptable)
- Clear and all characters must be readable.
Your photo is a vital part of your visa application. To learn more, review the information below on how to provide a suitable photo. The acceptance of your photo is at the discretion of the IR.IRAN embassy or consulate where you apply.
We recommend you use a professional visa photo service to ensure your photo meets all the requirements.
Your passport photos must be:
- In color
- In JPEG (.jpg) file format
- Equal to or less than 240 kB (kilobytes) in file size (less than 10 kB is not accepted)
- In a rectangular aspect ratio (height must be greater than width)
- 600×400 pixels in dimension
- Taken within the last 6 months to reflect your current appearance
- Taken in front of a plain white or off-white background
- Taken in full-face view directly facing the camera
- With a neutral facial expression and both eyes open
- Taken in clothing that you normally wear on a daily basis
- Uniforms should not be worn in your photo, except religious clothing that is worn daily.
- Do not wear a hat or head covering that obscures the hair or hairline, unless worn daily for a religious purpose. Your full face must be visible, and the head covering must not cast any shadows on your face.
- Headphones, wireless hands-free devices, or similar items are not acceptable in your photo.
- Eyeglasses are not allowed in visa photos, except in rare circumstances when eyeglasses cannot be removed for medical reasons; e.g., the applicant has recently had ocular surgery and the eyeglasses are necessary to protect the applicant’s eyes. A medical statement signed by a medical professional/health practitioner must be provided in these cases. If the eyeglasses are accepted for medical reasons:
- The frames of the eyeglasses must not cover the eye(s).
- There must not be glare on eyeglasses that obscures the eye(s).
- There must not be shadows or refraction from the eyeglasses that obscures the eye(s).
- Photos digitally scanned from driver’s licenses or other official documents are not acceptable. In addition, snapshots, magazine photos, low quality vending machine or mobile phone photos, and full-length photographs are not acceptable.
If your photo(s) or digital image does not reflect your current appearance, even if it is not older than 6 months, the IR.IRAN embassy or consulate will request that you provide a new photo with your application.
Applicants will be requested to obtain a new photo if they have:
- Undergone significant facial surgery or trauma
- Added or removed numerous/large facial piercings or tattoos
- Undergone a significant amount of weight loss or gain
- Made a gender transition
Generally, if you can still be identified from the photo in your visa application, you will not need to submit a new photo. For example, growing a beard or coloring your hair would not generally be considered a significant change of appearance.
If the appearance of your child under the age of 16 has changed due to the normal aging process, he or she will generally not have to provide a new photo. However, the acceptance of your photo or digital image is at the discretion of the IR.IRAN embassy or consulate where you apply.
Taking photos of your baby or toddler
When taking a photo of your baby or toddler, no other person should be in the photo, and your child should be looking at the camera with his or her eyes open.
Lay your baby on his or her back on a plain white or off-white sheet. This will ensure your baby’s head is supported and provide a plain background for the photo. Make certain there are no shadows on your baby’s face, especially if you take a picture from above with the baby lying down.
Cover a car seat with a plain white or off-white sheet and take a picture of your child in the car seat. This will also ensure your baby’s head is supported.
Photo taken by low quality vending machine or mobile phone images are not acceptable. Please pay a deep attention to the below examples.